Brennan Consulting Continues to provide high-quality Civil Engineering, Traffic/Transportation Engineering and roadway, and construction layout Surveying services throughout the northeast since 1961.
We are looking for an experienced Instrument Operator who will be responsible for the knowledge of equipment and supplies as part of a Survey Crew. Strong organizational and communication skills along with proficient technical capabilities are a must. We are involved with a wide range of surveying projects including construction layout, existing conditions, parks, municipal roadways, ALTA and boundary surveys, deformation monitoring and large-scale mapping.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must have working knowledge on the Operation of Total Stations, Automatic levels
- Keep meticulous notes
- Assist Crew chief in calculations project tasks
- Ability to drive stakes to set grades on construction projects, Load and unload equipment and supplies used by the survey crew, dig, ground using a shovel, and other hand tools to search for and locate and or set survey monuments, cut and remove brush and undergrowth for line of sight
- Keep a clean survey truck, care for equipment, and tools, keep truck stocked with supplies
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
JOB SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Intermediate level of Survey terminology
- Have strong math skills
- Understand and comply with written and oral instructions in the English language
- Ability to problem solve on the fly in the field
- Capable of reading and interpreting blueprints and plans
- Working towards taking forms to record or report information in standard format as specified by the form
- Communicate orally with other employees and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one settings, or using a handheld radio
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be on-site on time
- Able to operate an array of hand tools proficiently and safely
- Remain aware of changes in the field by reading, attending training, actively participating in the day-to-day activities on the job, etc.
- Travel across rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time to mark the ground, or to load and unload supplies from the crew truck
- Move objects 20-50 pounds long distances (20 feet or more)
- Walk distances up to a 1/2 mile at a time; up to five miles per day
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Work Monday -Friday 7 am-3:30 pm
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime if assigned
- Travel overnight if required
- Ability to coordinate multiple facets of a project and work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Driving long distances
- Must be able to pass a drug screening all times.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements in cold/hot/dusty/loud environments
- When working outside may stand for periods and often walking and hiking long distances, often carrying cumbersome equipment
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
THIS POSITION OFFERS:
- Excellent salary and Insurance Benefits
- Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement for Continuing Educational Programs