Brennan Consulting Continues to provide high-quality Civil Engineering, Traffic/Transportation Engineering and roadway, and construction layout Surveying services throughout the northeast since 1961.
We are looking for an experienced Survey Crew Chief who will be responsible for the management of survey construction layout and roadway survey projects. Strong organizational and communication skills along with proficient technical capabilities are a must. We are involved with a wide range of surveying projects including construction layout, existing conditions, parks, municipal roadways, ALTA and boundary surveys, deformation monitoring and large-scale mapping.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Self-starter with a good work ethic
- Make critical decisions in the field on the fly
- Accurate layout and measurement of site features
- Construction layout, including numerous high-rise projects in Boston
- Baseline layout
- Existing condition and Utility surveys
- Global Positioning Surveys
- As-Builts including anchor bolts and plates, foundations, piles and slurry walls, etc.
- Laser scanning
- Knowledge of ALTA, Topographic and Boundary Surveys
- Deformation monitoring
- Leadership, Organizational & Supervisory Skills with your Instrument Operator
- Must have a Superior knowledge on the Operation of Total Stations, Automatic levels
- Keep meticulous field notes
- Ability to drive stakes to set grades on construction projects, Load and unload equipment and supplies used by the survey crew, dig, ground using a shovel, and other hand tools to search for and locate and or set survey monuments, cut and remove brush and undergrowth for line of sight
- Keep a clean survey truck, care for equipment, and tools, keep truck stocked with supplies
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
JOB SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Excellent Communication Skills, a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License, experience working with Leica Robotic Total Stations and Carlson Surveyor II data collector a plus.
- Advanced level of Survey terminology
- Have strong math skills
- Understand and comply with written and oral instructions in the English language
- Ability to problem solve on the fly in the field
- Advanced level of reading and interpreting blueprints and plans
- Complete forms to record or report information in a standard format as specified by the form
- Communicate orally with other employees and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one settings, or using a handheld radio
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be on-site on time
- Able to operate an array of hand tools proficiently and safely
- Remain aware of changes in the field by reading, attending training, actively participating in the day-to-day activities on the job, etc.
- Travel across rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time to mark the ground, or to load and unload supplies from the crew truck
- Move objects 20-50 pounds long distances (20 feet or more)
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to varied site conditions
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Work Monday -Friday 7 am-3:30 pm
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime if assigned
- Travel overnight if required
- Ability to coordinate multiple facets of a project and work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Driving long distance
- Must be able to pass a drug screening at all times.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements in cold/hot/dusty/loud environments
- When working outside may stand for periods and often walking and hiking long distances, often carrying cumbersome equipment
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
THIS POSITION OFFERS:
- Excellent salary and Insurance Benefits
- Company Vehicle
- Gas Card
- Cell Phone
- Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement for Continuing Educational Programs